Learn. Create. Grow.
Personalized Art Instruction for Children and Teens
Through an individualized approach to art education, basic to advanced drawing and painting skills, art techniques and creative expression are emphasized. Through individualized instruction, students are encouraged to express their creativity. You’ll see increased art abilities, learning skills, self-confidence and self-esteem.
Lessons Now Online on Zoom!!!
"Eddie has the unique ability to work with teen artists as they create a body of work over time. Teenage students can vary widely in skill level, but they are generally all very serious about learning new techniques and improving their artwork. Through one-on-one instruction, specific exercises, positive critique and exposure to advanced methods, students will be able to start or build a portfolio of work, which demonstrates a personal point of view."
Student Art Gallery
Age-Appropriate Areas of Instruction Include:
- Painting Techniques such as Layering, Mixing, Masking, Washes and Glazing.
- Understanding Composition such as Working from back to front; The painting matters, not the object you’re painting from; An odd number of objects in a composition tends to be more interesting than an even number; Off-center is more visually interesting than centered subjects; Visualizing where you want subject(s) to go before painting; Light (shadows and highlights).
- Understanding Color Theory: Red/orange or “warm colors” bring things forward, blue/green, or “cool colors” send them back; Opposites or “complementary colors” on the color wheel; Painting with medium tones, so that highlights and shadows can be applied easily. Using multiple colors equals “depth” and “interest."
- How to Mix Paint: Mixing using the palette knife, brush, on palette, or on painting.
- Drawing Materials and Their Uses: Pencils, Chalks, Charcoal, Pastels, Ink, Fixatives, Paper.
- Colored Pencils, Block Printing, Collage, Mixed Media, Clay, Sculpture, & More!